Abutilon pictum — syn. Abutilon striatum,(disputed) and commonly known as Redvein Abutilon, Red Vein Indian Mallow, Redvein Flowering Maple, Chinese-lantern or Red vein Chinese lanterns, is a species of Abutilon in the Malvaceae family. It is native to southern Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay. The plant has become naturalised in Central America, and common in horticulture.
Red Vein Mallow/ Chinese Lantern Tree 風鈴花樹
Average Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater
Sun to Partial Shade
Grown for foliage
Good Fall Color
4-6 ft. (1.2-1.8 m)
36-48 in. (90-120 cm)
USDA Zone 8a: to -12.2 °C (10 °F)
USDA Zone 8b: to -9.4 °C (15 °F)
USDA Zone 9a: to -6.6 °C (20 °F)
USDA Zone 9b: to -3.8 °C (25 °F)
USDA Zone 10a: to -1.1 °C (30 °F)
USDA Zone 10b: to 1.7 °C (35 °F)
Handling plant may cause skin irritation or allergic reaction
This plant is attractive to bees, butterflies and/or birds
The flowers are edible, raw or cooked, with the sweet flavor increasing the longer the bloom is open.
Blooms all year
Soil pH requirements:
5.6 to 6.0 (acidic)
6.1 to 6.5 (mildly acidic)
This plant has been said to grow in the following regions:
California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii
- Return or refund issued only accept when the product is damaged or shipment is delayed or lost.
- When applying for a refund or return, must attach with photos of the damaged item.
- Customer may request to provide more proof or reason in order for us to issue the refund or exchange.
- Refund will not include shipping fee.
- Customer will pay for the return shipping fee.
- Refund will take around 1-7 business days.
- Shipping will take 1-3business days (public holidays may delay the shipping day) to handle.