- No Pesticides/Herbicides
- No Preservatives
- No Artifical Color
- No Artifical Flavor
- Naturally Caffeine Free
- No Filler
For centuries, indigenous people around the world used the root of the Smilax (sarsaparilla) plant for treating joint problems like arthritis, and for healing skin problems like psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis. The root was also thought to cure leprosy due to its “blood-purifying” properties.
Smilax (Sarsaparilla) was later introduced into European medicine and eventually registered as an herb in the Unites States Pharmacopoeia to treat syphilis.
Non GMO Organic Smilax Tea 無基改茯苓
- One study found that Smilax dramatically improved skin lesions in people with psoriasis. The researchers hypothesized that one of Smilax’s main steroids, called sarsaponin, is able to bind to endotoxins responsible for the lesions in psoriasis patients and remove them from the body.
- Smilax is a potent anti-inflammatory. This factor makes it also a useful treatment for inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and other causes of joint pain and the swelling caused by gout.
- Smilax has shown activity against harmful bacteria and other microorganisms that have invaded the body. Though it may not work as well as modern day antibiotics and antifungals, it has been used for centuries to treat major illnesses like leprosy and syphilis. Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacterium. Leprosy is another devastating infection caused by bacteria.
- One paper looked at the activity of over 60 different phenolic compounds isolated from Smilax. Researchers tested these compounds against six types of bacteria and one fungus. The study found 18 compounds that demonstrated antimicrobial effects against the bacteria and one against the fungus.
- A recent study showed that Smilax had anticancer properties in cell lines of multiple types of cancers and in mice. Preclinical studies in breast cancer tumors and liver cancer have also shown the antitumor properties of sarsaparilla. More research is needed to find out if Smilax can be used in cancer prevention and treatment.
- Smilax has also shown protective effects on the liver. Research conducted in rats with liver damage found that compounds rich in flavonoids from Smilax was able to reverse damage to the liver and help it function at its best.
- Smilax is used in herbal mixes to act as a “synergist.” In other words, it’s thought that the saponins found in sarsaparilla increase the bioavailability and absorption of other herbs.
Too much of anything — even something natural — is bound to cause problems. But if you’re generally in good health and you like the zing that ginger provides, drink up and don’t worry.
- For more details about the herb, please visit our information source - www.healthline.com
- Return or refund issued only accept when the product is damaged or shipment is delayed or lost.
- When applying for a refund or return, must attach with photos of the damaged item.
- Customer may request to provide more proof or reason in order for us to issue the refund or exchange.
- Refund will not include shipping fee.
- Customer will pay for the return shipping fee.
- Refund will take around 1-7 business days.
- Shipping will take 1-3business days (public holidays may delay the shipping day) to handle.