Size: 5.99/ stalk
Snake plants, also know as mother-in-law's tongue or sansevieria, have become increasingly popular, and rightly so. With their striking lines and hardiness, they're the houseplants even black thumbs can show off. They also act as air purifiers to improve your home's air quality. Here's how to keep them happiest.
Healthy Snake Plant 虎尾蘭
Soil for Snake Plants
Snake plants do best with a free-draining soil mix, because they are easily prone to rot. A soilless potting mixture is best to ensure adequate drainage. Also be sure to use a terracotta pot that won't trap water inside and promptly remove any standing water from the saucer.
Water, Light, and Food
Snake plants do well when you almost forget about them. Allow soil to dry between waterings and take extra special care not to over water in winter. Try to avoid getting leaves wet when you water. Place your snake plants in indirect light (although they are tolerant of a variety of light conditions) and fertilize during the growing season with an all-purpose plant food.
Propagating Snake Plants
Snake plants produce rhizomes and are easily divided. Although this can be done any time, spring is best. Your newly propagated plants will also grow faster as summer is growing season.
You can also propagate snake plants through leaf cuttings. Just cut 2 to 3-inch pieces of a leaf and place them about 1 inch deep in soil appropriate for snake plants. Make sure to plant cuttings facing up, the same direction they were growing. Enjoy! Snake plants look great in varied-height clusters.
According to the ASPCA, this plant is toxic to cats and dogs. Chewing or ingestion can result in vomiting and diarrhea.
- Return or refund issued only accept when the product is damaged or shipment is delayed or lost.
- When applying for a refund or return, must attach with photos of the damaged item.
- Customer may request to provide more proof or reason in order for us to issue the refund or exchange.
- Refund will not include shipping fee.
- Customer will pay for the return shipping fee.
- Refund will take around 1-7 business days.
- Shipping will take 1-3business days (public holidays may delay the shipping day) to handle.